Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Social Studies Test Day

My Social Studies class is insanely keen for the subject (this is the class formerly known as the democracy, though we do still vote on things). Between classes they ask me about places on the giant world map outside of the teachers room -especially after I gave them country-themed nicknames.

They like to see where their country is on the map.

Today was their monthly test specially for social studies. I was so pleased to hear them giggling and laughing over how easy the questions were. Then it came time for the writing section which really slowed everyone down. They had to think of a couple of ways to help the environment.

One of my star-students got so deep into the writing she wrote right up until the bell rang. Unfortunately she was already out the door by the time I discovered she missed a whole page of multiple choice questions. I  asked the other teachers if we could possibly give her a chance to finish, since I knew she really cared about it.

After much hum-ing and ha-ing they agreed that if she came into tomorrow she would have a chance to finish the page. But it was kind of unlikely since her whole family was getting the flu.

We finished off the day with a sort of company Christmas party. We all went out to a BBQ meat place -even Michelle was invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment