I brough my bike to school in order to race over to the mall after work to try to buy some snowpants.
The director got a a discount on a shuttle, gear rental, and a days lift pass for this Saturday. However, I have no snowpants, and she has nothing in my size. The other foreign teachers had recommeneded the mall to me for buying snowpamts after they purchased coats from there.
Each level of the mall gave me a little more hope. The first level was like The Bay or Myer, just fancy stuff.
The next floor had a massive sale on coats, but strangely nothing at all for legs. It was a culture shock moment like shopping for hockey sticks in Brisbane -they just aren't there. I gather people only wear snowpants if their about t go skiing or snowboarding. Not as a part of everyday winter dress.
The next floor confirmed that. I found fleece lined jeans. Look sylish, stay warm. I guess no one wants the bulky pants.
Then the next floor I found some! The price was 285,000 won but marked down to 29,000 won. I don't think I could get used snowpants that cheap in Canada. The best part is that they even fit!
It was a steal. I'm excited for Michelle on Wednesday and skiing on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment