Monday, December 12, 2016

Ansan-Sunday for Michelle's Birthday!

Seeing as Michelle's actual birthday is the Monday where I will be working, we opted to celebrate on the Sunday.

Michelle had seen a video of some french toast style nutella rolls that orning, which inspired us to try to make them for breakfast. They didn't look as pretty but they tasted quite good.

We thought we had slept in, but really it was just an illusion from how hard we had skiied yesterday. In reality we were out the door a little after 10am.

Which does explain why our first stop, one of two pet cafes, was closed. Then the ther was two.

I put a pillow in the trap at the back of the bike that Michelle sat on and I peddled. It worked pretty well, except when there was a big bump. So I was pretty tired by the time we arrived at the arcade!

We played some games where I learned that Michelle is incredibly skilled at smashing buttons, playing air hockey, and shooting baskets. We both suck at claw machine games.

We left to get some lunch. I spotted a 24h pork place. I wasn't confident on what would be open, so this one was guaranteed, I assumed it would be bbq but again, I found it to be hot pot. That being said, some warm soup was exactly what I needed on a chilly clear sky-ed day.

Michelle even ate this hot pepper like it was no big deal.

Okay, so it wasn't spicy at all.

Then we left and got some of these fishy pancakes -5 for 2000 won.

We walked up to the waterfall park, where I can report that it is open, but there is no water flowing yet. We flew back down past the arcade heading towards the one of the pet cafes.

The first one was on the first floor of a main road, and looked really trendy. However it appeared as though people might bring their own dogs into the cafe, because there was only one dog per person.

I whispered to Michelle that we should check the other one too.

And I'm glad we did.

This one was on the second floor off the main road, but wow, what an experience. For one, the girl at the front spoke perfect English. This place was packed with dogs. After we order some drinks, we went in  to meet the dogs.

This whippet, chose me. I sat on the floor and she sat on me.

She wore a beautiful coat on her beautiful coat.

I cautiously wondered over to inspect the cage home to two meercats. The girl saw me watching and took them out for me to hold. Naturally, Michelle came over to share in the meercat love.

He saught protection from Michelle, but he only tried to climb into my mouth.

Next was the raccon room. Usually home to three semi-domesticated raccoons, but one was in time out. Wow, Michelle was a Coon-magnet. They were all over her. Look at the passion.


It may have been because of the scraf and jacket she was wearing but they could even share her and a figh broke out between two of the raccoons. When the girl came in to move one to time out, the coon wouldn't release Michelle. So intsead Michelle transported the raccoon to time out.

We stayed there for about 3 hours.

We went home, and ate our leftover fried chicken. 

The birthday cake will be on Monday, seeing as it is the actual day.



No comments:

Post a Comment