Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Santa is Here

Today was our big Christmas party day.

For the morning I acted as "Santa's Helper". Since our Santa didn't speak English, I got to talk to the students. "Were you good this year? "What do you want from Santa?" "Here's your present from Santa, what do you say?"

The students were all sitting on the maps in the library watching classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The the screen turned off and only the lights on the Christmas tree are on. The director comes in to say Santa's sleigh will be arriving shortly.

I lead the children in a chant of "Where are you Santa?"

Then the door open and from a cloudof smoke (thanks, fog machine) Santa emerges.

Most of the kids were way to nervous to be able to speak in front of Santa, but everyone got a present. That present was of course bought by their parents, and they didn't actually get to open it yet.

The afternoon classes were expected to carry on as normal, but instead we lined up all our most fun classes into the last two classes of the day. We played dodgeball and then made a craft of little reindeer hats.

The afternoon elementary students and highschool students got one class of learning an one of pizza, bingo and prizes. I must've had aboout four pieces of pizza throughout the afternoon.

I was so proud of my older elementay student class who were working on posters and opted to wait until they were done before starting their pizza -talk about self control!

After work I took my bike to Home Plus to meet Michelle to pick out some food for our Christmas dinner. It turns out that she found a Home Plus closer to home and we were at two different stores. I quickly biked to hers and I'm glad I did -at least now I know it's closer. But most important: the pet shop there had a sugar glider which is one of my most desired pets.

We struggled to find just a ham, and ended up with three of these sorts cube-shaped garlic hams and a bag of mini garlic sausages. We go carrots and mashed potatos, a selection of Korean alcohol and we each bought a few things for the others stocking. I even picked up some beef stock to make some gravy -I do love gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment