Michelle, probably less.
We got up at 6am to go back to the hot baths. It helped with the whole waking up thing. We hatched a plan whle waking up in a 42 degree pool that we would leave, get some coffee, charge my phone, go to the palace, get some lunch and head back home to go to sleep at like 5pm. And we pretty much kept to that schedule.
We took the train to city hall, where I had seens some cool things on a past Seoulmate tour that I wanted to share with Michelle. Seoul is very interesting so early on a Sunday -it's so silent.
We walked in the direction of the main road (where the protest had been) and I accidently discovered the Canadian Embassy!
I could work here someday!
We eventually found ourselves a nice two story coffee place with comfy seats, heating, and charging ports. OH! And nice drinks of course. We stayed there until the battery got back up to 90%. Then we could move on to our next spot.
Feeling a bit hungry, we split a burger from Korea's McDonalds, Lotteria. This is a delicious meatless burger with a fried cheese patty on a hashbrown. Michell and I are great at sharing thigs, but no one will eat the last piece. It's a battle of politeness, I would bite off half than, Michelle would bite half of my half, this will continue until it bacomes the tiniest crumb left -which no one will touch. But it was so early, no one was there to give us weird looks for it.
We moved along the main road watching remnants of the protest still alive and active. Then on to the place.
I had visited here once before over Chu-seok while the admission was free, I didn't give a second thought to paying as it is such a significant location.
A man and his family had cheerfully greeted us just after this picture was taken..
..he had a young Korean tour guide and I took the chance and asked him if the tour guide was free, he said yes, and I asked if we could join. He was delighted! He was very excited to meet us and his family from Malaysia invited us to come stay with them (I think he hasa guesthouse), he gave me his card and promised a discount. One of his daughters is studying here, the other is studying in Australia, so we all had a lot ot talk about and the guide was very friendly too! We are so lucky!
After the palace, we were starting to get hungry, and maybe soon, tired.
Michelle recalled that I had had a dream about Greek food -not my favourite food, but I suddenly had wanted it after this dream. And she insisted that if we were going to Itaewon (the international village of Seoul), we should track down some Greek food. And we did.
We also found lots of other cool restaurants and even a Canadian bar!
Window seat, delicious pita. Awesome.
Then the race was on to get home before falling asleep entirely on the train.
We crashed the second we got in.
Weirder still was waking up just before midnight to make some noodles and discovering none of the water was flowing to the apartment. I found out the next day that a sign had been posted in the elevator about the scheduled shut-off but it was only in Korean. It has been on and off for most of the weekend -so actually this was the perfect weekend to not stay in the apartment!
Time well spent.



No comments:
Post a Comment