Wednesday, December 21, 2016

순도부 지깨

After work I was feeling for some hot soup.

It been that kind of wet cold lately, and I just really wanted some soup. Unfortunately, Lonsdale Quay's Soupmiester is out of the question.

But thankfully, Korea is teeming with soup restaurants. They are hot pot-style with a hot plate embedded in the centre of the table to keep the soup hot and cooking while you help yourself to small bowls and side dishes.

Michelle and I went to one place rcommended to us by the other foreign teachers.

We had the spicy tofu soup that I had on Saturday (the same soup that had actually stained my favourite shirt the day before). But this soup was crazy spicy. It occured to me that the version I've been served at school is made way more mild for the tongues of children -and me,

It was a good soup, but I kept accidently spilling some water into my bowl.

The side dishes were quite good too. There was some crab, seaweed (kim), noodles, kimchi, lots of tasty things. Always free.

This blog is named after the soup, so if I ever need it I will be able to find it here.

1 comment:

  1. i've been dedicated to trying all the different type of tofu they have at stores around here. so far korean bbq flavour is my fav.

    ReplyDelete