I taught gym class to the first-time-speaking-English class. During a game of capture the flag something seemed off between two of the boys.
Then three of the boys.
It was just aggressive behavior, but then it turned into words -Korean words.
Since I wasn't going to be able to understand them, I went to tell one of the Korean teachers, but the director came back with me as well.
It was like watching a Korean version of Dr. Phil. There was some healing going on, but I still have no idea what the fight was about. There were some tears, I heard a 'mian' or two (sorry). And all was solved.
It must've been draining for the thers since the energy just disappeared after that. That gave us the opportunity to play really simple games on the mat since there was no desire left to run around. Kind of a bummer, but it actually got them speaking more English than previous classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment