Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Word Zone

At the recommendation of Saturday's conference I put in motion a plan to spiffy up my classroom.

My kindergarten students are pretty clever, but they aren't really where the should be at this point -and only a few can read. Granted, I didn't really ready until like 2010, so maybe it will be all Leo the Late Bloomer.

One of the ideas to help bridge the gap for kids is to have words and pictures displayed in one wall in the classroom. Since kids can know the answer without knowing how to say the word this would make them better at communicating, maybe giving them a bit more confidence to try. Especially sounding out the words.

My partner Korean teacher and I laminated some pictures and words to put on the board in the late afternoon. I'm excited for the kids to see it tomorrow. It's the beginning of some great plans I have for the classroom!

1 comment:

  1. You are getting into this, making school fun (even if that wasn't your own experience) I always knew you would figure out how to engage people to make it fun!

    ReplyDelete