The highlight of today had to be the welcome dinner for myself and another teacher who came a week after me.
The school director took us all out for Korean barbeque -it was amazing. We had cold glasses of soju brought to our busy table. We cooked perfectly thin marinate pieces of the softest beef I've ever eaten. Finishing with rice and soup. All the while talking about school and the kids and even sharing face-swaps.
Afterwards, the other foreign teachers (who, I'm told by the Korean teachers, are sometimes mistakenly referred to as 'boring teachers' because of pronunciation difficulties) took me to what could be considered 'downtown Ansan' -to the arcade.
It was really busy all around the arcades! And some of the games we played were totally wild. The first one was a game where you raced crawling babies. One involved many mini games such as catching a cellphone before it drops, taking photos of the woman on stage(not the mushroom or the seahorse), picking a pineapple and not a grenade, and other weird, awesome things. We ended up at a shooting range on the street as well. The prizes shall hang in my room.
Finally we wrapped up the day at the bar and took the train home. Good full day -busy from 6:00am to 1:00am. I'm really at my best when I'm busy so this has been wonderful. Now the weekend awaits, hopefully I can keep being this productive!
I love the arcade, we will go there!
ReplyDelete