I was very impressed with my afternoon classes today and how well they all did. I don't have the marks yet but everyone did way better than I expected when I flipped through what had been handed back. I was pleased to learn that some of the more silent students had actually been knowledge sponges and knew the answers all along. Whereas some that I saw suffer in the multiple choice turn out to be the best writers! So everything worked out really well!
When the kids were finished they could word on word searches. The enthusiasm for word searches gave me another good idea. I had been thinking for a while that my kindergartners needed a project to work on for once they finished their workbooks. Specifically two boys who would not want to spend their time colouring a picture. Instead I worked with one of the other teachers to make a giant word search for them. The words are from their last unit in language arts and it even has their names!
But back to the elementary students...
Look at this beautiful example of sucking up (I got a hug for her too).
A little shout out to Nicole Teacher
I get Nicole Teacher a little less often than Niki Teacher, and a little more often than Niki Mouse Teacher.
The evening I used my spare time to make up a new sticker sheet for my suck-up class. I had asked them all what their favourite colour and favourite animals are, then I plugged that into this beautiful creation. They will love it more that Nicol is tecrs.
Beautiful.


No comments:
Post a Comment