1. First day of the giant word search for the kindergartner class. They found six words, I helped with three of them. Among the other things found were "RYSUNG" and many single letters circled. Thankfully know one noticed the randomly generated swear words that we only noticed after printing.
2. The kindergarden class has also requested that Rio, a parrot puppet I used for one subject, comes in for the other subjects too. I find this hilarious after two students claimed they hated this song because it's for babies. However they both passionately speak to Rio, and even give him hugs.
3. We cleaned out part of the playroom, Only in my adult life can I now appreciate how filthy those places are.
4. One of my elementary students wrote her name in Korean for me and I read it and she was so impressed. The Korean teachers were even more impressed when I started calling her by her Korean name while we were playing.
5. My social studies class has been requesting to see my Pokemon Go Pokemon for weeks now. I finally had a chance to show them but the app needed to be updated before it could open. I bet they all think I'm a liar now.
6. In between classes I fixed a student's ring with a hot glue gun. She was impressed.
7. One of my kindergartners is a daydreamer. She had actually changed schools before I started but came back after she was placed in a lower level. She can't read or follow instructions well. When she does put her hand up for a question her answers make it clear she has no idea what the question was. "Which animal has fur, the snake or the dog? Teacha! Rainy." She often tries to answer statements "Good work everyone, we have 5 minutes left so if you're finished you can put your books away! Teacha! Skating." Then today she just decided to read, not once but many many times. Simple three letter words, sounding them out, and saying them with no help. It was like, was the last month one bug practical joke?
No comments:
Post a Comment