Sunday, October 9, 2016

Thanksgiving?

My last Sunday's only escape was a dinner out with my fellow Canadians.

Seeing as today is also a holiday here, not everywhere will be open. Today is Hangeul Day were Koreans celebrate their alphabet. For a good reason too! As I have mentioned before the Korean alphabet follows a very logical pattern and can be learned quickly.

This was all part of the plan you see. The king during the Joseon dynasty (I think that was the dynasty) pitied poor people. In a very progressive way he believed their ticket out of poverty was education and that starts with reading. In an effort to get more people reading this alphabet was created to be easy to learn and understand. Isn't that amazing?

That being said, here in Ansan, I didn't see any celebrations -probably cause it's Sunday.

The dinner we had was at a Japanese-korean fusion restaurant -of which there are many. It's not turkey, but I love a good chicken katsu! I have so much to be thankful for this year. Big thanks to all of you who read my ramblings!

1 comment:

  1. Love your ramblings!! Keep on rambling and happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete