I woke up with a stuffy nose and an odd craving for donuts.
My kindergarten class continues to discuss natural resources. Again, going over conserving energy we tried turning off the lights. There was plenty of natural light coming in, so it worked well. We left the class room briefly to set up our experiment. A cup underneath a leaky faucet, left for 30 minutes -how much water will be in the cup? None, if you can't get the cup to stand upright in the sink bowl. So I grabbed some paper towels to get it to stand up right. "Niki Teacher, why you take many paper towels? You not conserve trees!" ...they caught me.
Later that day while waiting in line for hand washing we play a little jumping game where the kids jump to headbutt my raised hand. Instead I was talking to one student hiding in between my legs while the other headbutted my head. I thought I got a concussion, but it was way worse for the student who is both our youngest and smallest student. He looked woozy, laughed and continued to play. Less than a minute later he had a big purple goose egg. He recovered well, I wasn't back to normal until the director treated us all to Starbucks that afternoon.
My elementary students all got perfect on their vocabulary quiz! Which was a first.
A parent dropped off 4 boxes of donuts. As if she knew what I was thinking. There were so many donuts I even got to take 3 home with me. I'm actually overjoyed!
I also added a twitter feed to right side column of the blog, to save funny little things I hear throughout the day
Well, now that I actually overthought writing a comment, I can say that a comment comes from clicking on the words "no Comment" not any of the images to the left! My comment is ....I love how you share the pride and joy you are getting from working with your students! I have always thought that you would be an amazing teacher because you know how to make it fun, you know what fun is when many people are still imagining it! Keep writing Niki, I know I'm your Mum, but this is good and I would read it regardless!
ReplyDeleteAww, mum <3
DeleteOmg you learn how to comment! it is miracle! Almost enough to make the atheist in me have little belief! ;)
DeleteHaha! I just saw Michelle's comment! XD
Delete