Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sick-y Niki

It was only a matter of time before I got sick here. I know mum says I'm always getting sick, but I have been in Korea for about 54 days,and only today did I get sick. So 1 in 54 is pretty okay.

I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. I tried going back to sleep but I was in such discomfort I got up to try and heal myself while unpacking everything from the move. Today I did accomplish getting the apartment in order and for that I am proud.

With a bit of permission I only left the house to get food, which, I'm not gonna lie, was fried chicken. Namely because it is delicious and only a short walk.

I tested out the new laundry machine here. Different brand, still all in Korean. I couldn't figure out why the cycle was gonna take almost 5 hours to complete. Then when the bell rang and I opened the door I found all my clothes were hot and dry -which was a lovely feeling.

The rest of the day was dedicated to tea, and sleep. Now it's just after 10 and I'm hoping that I wake up healthier than I did this morning. That's not just because of the limited sick days, or the fact that I could possibly get the kids sick (let's be real, it usually the other way around), but I don't want to miss a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment