Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Exploration

Perfectly blue sky. Everything about today made me thankful for being able to see because everything was like food for my eyes.

I picked up where I left off last Sunday with exploring Ansan by bike. The air was clear, the leaves were colourful, and the river was clear and teaming with fish.

I now know that there is another fake waterfall at the very end of the path

This video doesn't do justice to the amount of life in this stream. In fact is looks kind of muddy, but it's clear with a sand bottom. There are several large carps hiding underneath that patch of floating grass.

I went sort of all over after I had covered the river path. I even detoured through a park next to the stadium and around the stadium itself. I found a huge patch of solar panels working to power the stadium. There was even some soccer players practicing at the time I was there.


I just went wild after that. Since I have my data plan now, it's hard to get truly lost, so I just let my curiosity take me. I followed the direction I expected to find the sea in and I think I did find an inlet of sorts. I followed the pathways, and the other cyclists. It's a cyclists heaven really. Bike paths everywhere, with picnic benches, water fountains, and no cars anywhere near it. One part was actually a six lane highway completely close to car being used only by bikers. I laughed secretly to myself after seeing on kid realize that there were no cars on the road so he ran out to dance in the middle of the road. During the middle of his performance a bike snuck up on him from behind and rung his bell, scaring the kid and causing him to fall on his bum. Heh.

The path kept going until, until things looked familiar.

Small world I guess, because I had managed to find the wetlands by accident.

I picniced on some kimbap I had bought earlier choosing the most scenic spots in which to sit and enjoy. I love getting the view. My biggest motivator in hiking is the view from the top. Here I was motivated to just keep going in order to see more and more.

But with all the bumps, that hard seat, and about 5 hours of cycling, my butt hurts more than that kid -for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment