Saturday, October 22, 2016

Farewell! Tomato!

Today's most important moment was our outing to say goodbye to two teachers. One foreign teacher who will stay working in Korea a little longer, and one Korean teacher who will be getting married soon. They don't really do time off for weddings so this is the end of her time with us.

We went to the same restaurant we had gone to for my welcome dinner. Since our two newest teachers are vegetarians it was up to just me and the departing foreign teacher to indulge in the plate of meat for four people -and we finished it.

It was a great meal. Some of the Korean teachers really wanted to go to a second place for drinks and they really wanted me to join -and I'm so glad I did. It was really cool how they seamlessly switched between Korean and English to tell stories and make certain points. I definitely feel like part of the group -even if I was the only foreign teacher.

The bar we went to was not so much a bar as a restaurant and they wouldn't serve us drinks until we ordered food. So even though I was completely full, we ordered a fruit salad to split. AND you know that old saying:

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

There was tomato in it. Perhaps a knowledgeable chef but not wise.

Of course, I go home late -which is why this too is a little late. I am still recovering from the food.

1 comment: