The most significant moment of today was how one of my students is just gone. Bam. Gone.
I had heard that Friday might be her last day, then sure enough, all the kindergarten kids informed me that she was gone. They didn't seem sad so much as dead set on informing everyone. In fact that wouldn't shut up about it, it was kind of awkward.
Probably even more awkward when I tried to move another student into her seat. The student I was trying to move has been saying for weeks that her neck hurts when she has to turn to look at the board. Today I try to move her into some prime real-estate and suddenly her neck is just fine.
However nothing could compare to me casually removing all trace of her in the classroom. The students have their names and pictures posted everywhere, for identifying them, games, scores, space, everything. I was basically Stalin rewriting history like she'd never been in the class. This is because these students are elephants, if I ask them who their teacher is, they will start with me then begin to go back in time to people who haven't taught at the school for over year. Elephants.
Tomorrow is gonna be a disaster if that was all rumor and she was just sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment