Thankfully it was put together for me!
I went to the bathroom between two classes and came back to the school's cook saying "follow me" and skipping to the library. I skipped behind her into the dark library where just the candles on my cake were illuminating the faces of my co-workers. BAWWWW! It wasa genuine surprise since I had only loosely eluded to my birthday at all.
They sung happy birthday, we took a photo and they passed the cake to me. I work with wonderful people.
What nice people.
They really just gave me the cake. Like no implication of sharing it. I felt like I did the right thing by serving it up to everyone during the break, and I still took home 1/3 of the cake.
After work the other foreign teachers treated me to dinner at the Indian restaurant. Fans of Niki know that my favourite food is curry, so it's the perfect birthday meal. Afterwards we went to their apartment and had some so-ju. I biked home to have a quick video chat with Michelle before finally going to sleep.
Crazy to think I'm 24 now. I can now start to forget which age I am. Especially since I will turning 26 this Jaunary -Korean age that is.

No comments:
Post a Comment