That plan was to stay at the Dragon Hill Jjimilbang overnight.
The plan did not include me getting off at the wrong train station. Then walking to the next train station only to find I must've dropped my bus pass somewhere between those to stations. Unsuccessfully trying to flag down full cabs. People who know me know I will do anything not to have to take a taxi, but I was pretty committed to finding somewhere safe to sleep. I now know that when the light is off that means there are passengers in the taxi. I was fortune enough to have a woman get out of a cab directly next to me, so I just jumped right in.
I turns out at this point I was only like three blocks away, but a taxi here seems to never be more than $5.00 -this on was $3.00.
I felt like my luck had turned around.
The stress melted away in the hot baths that were nearly empty just before midnight. It was awesome. There are many sleeping rooms to choose from; I went with the Aroma Woman's Sleeping Room. Let me be clear, most of you reading this would hate it: These are just mats on the floor with rectangular prism shaped pillows -mad out of the same stuff as the mat. There is snoring, cause there's probably like 50-60 people in that room. Blankets would be totally useless since the room is kept at Queensland-early-summer-heat. Toasty. This room also had some aromatherapy stuff that you pretty much got desensitized to instantly; but if there were farts, and I'm not saying there were, they were probably masked by that stuff.
The only downside was pretty much all my needs were met except I had no means of charging my phone. I think they wanted to discourage people sleeping with their phones (incase the light wakes people up or they get stolen) so they cut power to the electrical outlets in the sleeping rooms.
It would just have to be something I would deal with in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment