No Seoulmate tours today, only moving.
Even now, I’m not done. I just don’t want to do anymore.
The day started with my sleepily packing up boxes and throwing out
garbage. I kept putting off breakfast until the moving guy arrived. We
communicated pretty well despite the language barrier. I was so impressed by
how quickly and efficiently he worked. I kept thinking of those two guys
Michelle and I used in Australia –armatures. This one guy is worth 20 of them.
He used large reusable-foldable boxes and wrapped everything in tape before
rolling it off to the next stop. He worked so fast that I had locked the door
by the time the director had shown up. I cycled to the new place to meet him.
Biking is much faster on these streets so I had arrived with time
for the other foreign teacher to show me the view and the roof. And wow.
The new apartment is incredible. Absolutely fantastic. The view
alone is worth the move.
I spent the rest of the day sorting the boxes and unpacking. At
about 5:00pm I remember I never had breakfast or lunch. I had also promised the
other foreign teachers pizza for their help so we went and got one of my
favorites, potato pizza. Yet another valuable lesson from Pizza School.
Unfortunately the internet service provider wasn’t contacted about
the move and the director expects I won’t have wifi until Tuesday. So I am
rationing was data I have on my phone to bring you these blogs. So sorry, I
won’t be able to video call anyone for the next three days or so. And that means no pictures up yet either.
No comments:
Post a Comment