Monday, November 14, 2016

Indoor Shoes: A Lesson in Redundancy

Today I put my new indoor shoes  to the test. Yeah, their basically white crocs, made worse by a dark blue fur lining. They look awful, but everyone else was wearing like bathroom slippers.

Weirder still, we really only wore this for the morning, then the elementary students came in their sneakers and we could change back. I'm trying not to question it but why?

Is it a certain appearance of cleanliness we must give in the morning that isn't needed in the afternoon? DO we think that elementary students have cleaner shoes? Is it a lesson we want to instill in the kindergartners while their young -and we need a staff presence for solidarity?

This is not causing me much grief and it doesn't deserve two blogs, but today was fairly uneventful. Except for:

A couple high schoolers did a song and dance for speaking Korean in class -it was a perfect balance of humiliating but fun -like something from summer camp.

Oh! And that one kindergartner who I'd been trying to build trust with says to me "I have a secret." Then she whispers in my ear "I like Niki teacher". I gasped, she laughed, I high fived myself internally.

No comments:

Post a Comment