Saturday, November 5, 2016

Five For Friday

Instead of focusing on the teaching part of the day I will try to focus on every other thing that happened in my day worthy of notice.

1. I had my last piece of birthday cake for breakfast. Which is insane really. I had one piece on my birthday, then one for breakfast on Wednesday, and dessert on Wednesday, then two on Thrusday, and bam one more -that's six pieces of cake. Plus! One of the Korean teachers celebrated her birthday this week as well, adding another piece to my total. Then a students mom dropped of two different piece of cake for each teacher. In four days, I had nine piece of cake. Wow.

2. My ukulele arrived in the mail today. It was a birthday gift I bought for myself for a number of reasons. First, I wanted something fun for my birthday and I didn't think so many of you would've made the effort (but you did, thank you!). Second, I always get in situations where I need to perform and I remember I still have no "performable" talents. Like I have talents, yes, but not like, stage talents. Second and a half: I was warned the the school asks the teachers to perform every now and then, and I would like some musical wood to hide behind. Third, I'm better at learning now, I figure I can get it. Afterall, dearest Roisin gave me her ukulele after she left Canada and in the month I had it before I left -I really enjoyed it (thanks again, Roisin!).

3. It finally happened. I left school only to realize that I had left my phone at school. Luckily I remembered while I was on my bike and I cycled quickly to catch the director before she got home. I caught up to her, and got the key. Then I went back to school and recovered my phone. Now I feel awkward because I still have the key and I feel like I shouldn't.

4. I couldn't resist testing out the ukulele when I got home. It was really the perfect time since it was my last night in that apartment, so I couldn't really piss off the neighbours to any consequence.

5. I realized I probably should have spent so much time with the ukulele since it was my last night in that apartment, so I really needed to pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment