Tuesday, November 22, 2016

November Test

The high schoolers had their big monthly test today.

Typically there is a writing section and it takes two classes to finish, butno writing on this one. The girls finished early and typically we would sit around doing word searches -but this was not so typical.

I brought in a rip-off version of Jenga to play, hoping they were too old for it.

It was such a success. It got them talking, in English, a lot more than usual! I mean there is no language involved in this game, but the mood of it just got them talking.

The seemed a lot more lively. I'm thinking about doing a version of taboo where they try to get someone to guess their vocabulary words. I feel like that would go over well.

1 comment:

  1. With learning, I use Heads Up! and it's guaranteed to make everyone laugh. You need one phone to download and you can customize the word bank to whatever you are covering. Good luck!!

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wb.headsup&hl=en

    ReplyDelete