Monday, November 7, 2016

Just Like In The Movies...

I finished settling into the new apartment today, and, let me tell you, it is sweet.

For one, it has a giant window overlooking the curve in main road. Look to the right, there’s the school and the train station, look to the left and there’s this road that goes on forever. Well, that’s what I though yesterday because of the smog, but today was clear and the end of it is just another glorious mountain.

The giant window is important so that light can still pass to the upstairs. By upstairs, I mean, the loft portion of the apartment, with a ceiling a matter of millimeters higher than I am tall. I can feel the hairs shifting on my head as I walk through.

I brought the large fridge from my last apartment since Korea seems to have many of these small fridges with no freezer. Not here though, this place has a small scale version of a regular fridge. Posed with the awkward dilemma of having two fridges side by side, I moved the small on upstairs. I now have my upstairs fridge and my downstairs fridge. Maybe, when I get some friends I can keep drinks in the upstairs fridge!


The bathroom has a very unimpressive shower. It takes about 10 minutes to get hot water flowing, and the room is just tiled with a drain and the shower sprays wherever. BUT, butt… there’s a bidet. Somehow, I have a bidet. BUT, butt… I figured out today, that I’m just not going to use it because as I found out the hard way –as I said earlier- it takes about 10 minutes to get hot water. Unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment