The most unique thing about today would have to be my two social studies classes -often referred to as the democracy and the dictatorship. Since the haunted house continues to undergo construction in the library and extra time to work on it is appreciated. I leaped on this opportunity.
But social studies classes have been one lesson ahead for awhile now and next class they will do their monthly test. We brought the two classes together into one classroom for double value. It meant one teacher could go work on the haunted house while I review the unit.
We did a little jeopardy style game testing them on the units. The hardest questions were with 4 points and the easiest were worth 1. It was actually pretty neck and neck for a while, until a the team with the democracy girls and some dictatorship boys surged to win in the last round.
The promise for a while now was if the review went well we could go play a game. The library is where we would usually play but it is closed for haunted house construction. So we have the option to play on the roof (don't worry grandma, there' walls).
This was a very unlikely possibility since it rained like crazy all morning. I figured I would have to come up with something else since there would be puddles everywhere. But NO! The sun came out to save my integrity.
I didn't expect that the ball would go over the edge before the game even started, so I had to run back downstairs to get a new one. I never found the yellow ball.
We got in a quick game of soccer and returned to school to finish up the day.
It is not just your grandma that don't like you playing on roofs
ReplyDeleteHaha! You care. :)
Delete