It was actually raining pretty hard all day so I didn't feel bad at all about staying it.
That being said it was a non-eventful day. So instead I will share this small story from yesterday.
I didn't have a seat on the train so I stood around looking at the different ads, and maps -trying not to make eye contact with the guy who was aggressively selling lifting belts to whoever would listen. I turned to see one ad and the only part that was in English was the website domain. So I experimented with reading the Korean:
보톡스
ㅂmakes a 'b' sound
ㅗ makes an 'oh' sound
So that first part is 'bo'
Then ㅌ makes a 't' sound then there is another ㅗ and it finishes with a ㄱ which makes a 'k' sound when at the end of the character. So this part sounds like 'tok'
Finally, ㅅ makes a 's' sound and ㅡ an 'eu'
So we have botokseu, or botox.
The website was called http://www.toxnfill.com/
toxnfill. Maybe that was a clever attempt at boTOX and fill, but toxnfill really sounds like you will get pumped with toxins.
The best part is the little mascot featured is actually a cute little syringe. A happy happy needle -check him out on the website.
Neat little discovery on the train!
No comments:
Post a Comment