Today was the last day for the other Canadian teacher, who has now been here for almost 14 months. I was supposed to replace him in August, but another teacher had to leave early so I replaced him instead.
It was all gifts and goodbyes today at every level. Lots of tears.
The kindergartners had made cards, that were presented along with flowers and other gifts. It was such an emotional whirlwind. Surely strange for the new teacher who had arrived yesterday and received his first day of training today.
After work we went out to what must have been an American themed restaurant -boasting an impressive salad bar. The meal was all you can eat and ranged from Korean food to pumpkin pizza to maple bruschetta, to four different kinds of chip/fries, and some strange, delicious things. We ate until it hurt. The entire school staff came out and we took up two tables -which is impressive for the smallest school under the brand.
We stayed until it closed sharing stories and photos. After a few more tearful goodbyes we caught a cab home and parted ways.
It's amazing to see how much one person can make a life somewhere in a short time. I stayed in Australia for about the same amount of time and I found it hard to leave. I can only imagine what I will feel when I leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment