Today was kind of rough.
I started the day sleepily doing dishes. A big knife slid off the counter, and my ninja reflexes lead me to catch. But I caught it by the blade, the blade in my thumb. Needless to say, I woke up. I rushed to school since I knew I might find a band aid there.
We did a craft today in class that involved colouring a coffee filter like the earth and then spraying it with water to make the ink run, giving it a watercolour look. Unfortunately for us, the markers at the school must've been semi-permanent (again, how should I know? It's in Korean) because the ink did not run. What's worse is that is did seep through the filter and stain the table. Luckily our amazing cook was able to clean the table.
My social studies classes finished quickly, so we had time for a word search race. The democracy and the dictatorship were given the same amount of time to find all ten words. The dictatorship had found roughly between 5 and 6 words by the end of class. The democracy finished it and had time from a game of hangman and a game of musical chairs.
We met with the director during the spare class. All three teacher rotate teaching one class that only runs on Tuesday and Thursday. Since I got here we have done it this way. Meaning, instead of the standard 4 free periods a week, we've been getting 5 to 8. So now we will be introducing a new class during that time. The eldest of the kindergarten cycle, but they are an introductory level -they know absolutely nothing in English. It should be quite the experience. I'm teaching them fun classes, gym and hands on play. They start this November.
After class I went to finally get a data plan for my phone. This has been incredibly difficult. They lost my paperwork from last time. They tried to solve my problem for almost an hour and a half, before asking me to come back tomorrow. I can't come back tomorrow since I've got a big dinner with the school (farewell for two teachers). So it will have to be on Saturday. Which is fine I guess, I didn't have a Seoulmate tour -it might just be a very boring weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment