Thursday, October 6, 2016

Dak Galbi

Today was a bit weird not having our old Canadian teacher there since he left last night. His energy and positive attitude have been a source of consistency at the school and things felt a little off without him there. As much as I am sad to see him go, I moved in like a hermit crab to take his old desk chair because I need some of that lumbar support.

The classes seemed more quiet than usual, maybe it will take the students time to adjust.

I got my first real "head teacher job" today when I fixed up the foam carpet in the playroom. It's not so exciting, but it feels symbolic.

Still, the highlight of today had to have been going out for Dak Galbi after work. This delicious dish is cooked right in front of your eyes on a grill. It's spicy chicken, cabbage, sweet potato, and thick cylinders of rice cake all fried up, then topped with delicious cheese. It basically comes out like a bread-less pizza. It was amazing, it will be remembered as one of the best meals thus far.

Tomorrow I will finally open a bank account, which I would've done today had I not got totally caught up with fixing up that foam floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment