Wednesday, October 26, 2016

More Testing

I really felt bad for the kindergartners today as they did their first-ever test.

"Teacher, help."

"No, I can't help you this time."

The concept of what was going on was lost for many. When I called out the first question many hands shot up. They are used to answering questions out loud in class, not silently writing it on a paper. Some were used to checking other student's book to make sure they were doing everything right. Many were looking for any hint of guidance out of me. It felt like 40 minutes of guessing for a few students.

It was quite the downer.

Work continued on the Halloween House, which is basically complete. Out only problem now is that it is too dark. There is one black light for the whole thing. We are going to have to make sense of lighting tomorrow. For the parts where the black light works properly I taped white arrows to the ground so that the kids wouldn't run into a wall -which is a very real possibility.

I used my bike to get to and from school today since the weather has been incredible. I really love it.

6 comments:

  1. Those tests used to make you want to throw up in high school! I can only imagine what it would be like for kindergartners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ''teacher help''
    im 19 and im still saying this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher please help! Du kommer alltid vara min engelska lärare!

    ReplyDelete