We hopped on the buses and went to visit a wetlands museum. Looking back on it we spent hardly anytime at the actual museum -if you can call it that.
Like all field trips, everything was in Korean. It's funny because you have to be a good role model for the kids and watch the presenter, even if you have no idea what she is saying. Then she started locking eyes with me, and I didn't want her to call on me so I kind of moved around hoping she would lose interest. Then I realized that's how some of my student feel.
She guide us into a taxidermy hall containing the creepiest animals I have ever seen. They're of animals that live, or used to live in the wetlands. Including a snake, many birds, a raccoon dog, rabbits foxes, a fanged deer, and a really horrifying elephant seal. Then there was this guy...
Not the creepiest thing here, but definitely in my top ten.
One innocent student stared into the glass display cases and said "Why aren't they moving?" We had just walked in and I figured her would soon find out. Nope, after 10 minutes of going through the animals he was the only student looking very traumatized and still asking "Why aren't they moving? I don't understand." Thankfully someone intervened and told him they aren't alive -carefully not mentioning that they used to be.
My kids on the other hand loved this part and kept telling me which one were the cutest. How about none of them? They're all nightmare material if you ask me.
We walked around the wetlands after this. I was actually really relevant with a lot of our lessons lately. Many of the student were pointing out different things in the natural environment -leaves, chestnuts, lily pads, earth worms, pebbles. We had been learning about what is natural and what isn't...
"Are the lily pads natural?" "Yes!"
"Is the fountain in the pond natural?" "I think ...no"
We had a picnic lunch and played lots of games, hopefully some of them will forget the chill of the taxidermy hall.
My afternoon social studies class is full of Pokemon fans -all of them really. We had 5 minutes left in class and I promised to show them my collection of Pokemon on my phone (from Pokemon Go). Thanks to Michelle, I finally evolved a Gengar and gained instant pokecred. Whose the Pokemon master? Teacher.
Also noting that I have way more readers from Australia than anywhere else (yeah, Canada), here's a little globalization moment from today.
This is a Korean comic book about a travelling gingerbread man and his friends. The Korean at the top reads: O pae ra Ha oo seu ui
So basically, opera house. Kinda neat, right?


Australia is you biggest fan!
ReplyDelete:D
DeleteAustralia is you biggest fan!
ReplyDelete