Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Years Eve

I think it is only fitting that I get to write the last piece of Niki blog for 2016.

A year ago Niki changed my trajectory in life. It all started with a kiss at midnight, and now one year has passed as have 2016. It went fast and much have occurred. Niki has graduated and moved to a different country.

Completing your education is always hard, but It is also scary. Once you are in university that is your world, it becomes routine. Your friends are there it is the world you know. Niki left it all behind to follow her dreams and aspirations. She says she is not a brave person but rarely has I meet another person who takes on such challenges. Courage is not the absence of fear; it is the mindset to challenge it. To say it will not let it control me, I will not let it affect my dreams. I will sail as high as I can go because if I did not aim for the sky, I would not have left the ground.

Niki aims for the sky. I love that about her, and I am trying to do the same. I followed my dreams it led mine to Australia. There have been challenges, but they are always easier to face when doing something you are passionate about. I think we all would be happier if we had more courage to follow our hope and dreams.

So I challenge anyone who reads this. To live a little more. Because we only have set amount of years on this planet, and what is life for if we do not live it?

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment