I had to say "see you later" to Michelle this morning. Her flight was a 4pm, but I started work at 9am. I couldn't give her enough hugs and kisses to satistfy either of us. We were sort of lingering around the door of my apartment. Then I got in the elevator.
The rest of the day feels like a bit of a blur.
I was so exhausted from all the tears. I just kept my head down and my desk until it was time to go to the classroom. This was my first day I really didn't want to teach. I also didn't want to go back to the apartment where everything would remind me that Michelle has left.
I was just a shell of my regular self. I apolgized to the director since I admitted to feeling so out of it. Lucky for me, for their own reason, the other teachers mostly felt the same way.
I just keep trying to distract myself with everything at my disposal, but I just feel a rock in my stomach about this whole thing.
Even now, I know that the blog is my distraction. I really just hope I can wake up feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment