Sunday, January 22, 2017

Friday Snowfall

I really stared blankly out the window on Friday morning. I was beyond my comprehension that it had snowed over night. It had dusted snow a couple of times, but this was proper snow -like lots of it.

I thought to myself "hmm, streets haven't been plowed yet," then "do they get plowed".

Answer: Pretty sure they don't. Or at least not this time.

The car drove over the busiest roads so much that the snow turned to black slush.

The sidewalks were different. In North Van we have something like 24 hours after to snowfall to shovel the sidewalk in front of our houses. Here it felt kind of optional. That and the existence of snowshovels could also be debated. That being said, I didn't see anyone using shovels. Instead their were sweeping. Yeah. With brooms.

Culture shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment