It's basically a practical course in colonisation for children.
Make a flag, plant that flag, the island is now yours.
It's basically how they got Dok-do.
I made a mash up of the Canadian flag and the Korean flag. The kids mostly did something similar. One student made a flag with Korea on one side and China on the other (symbolic of trade relations, clearly). Then one girl made a flag for "West Korea" after the video we watched showed the flags of North Korea and South Korea. Like that's what we need in this country, more social divisions?? C'mon. Then one just made like a green version of a Canadian flag (must be a young legalisation activist). I enjoyed this craft the most.
I also did some new posters in the afternoon with my older elementary class. They were supposed to be informational posters about our school, I did one about Griffith as an example. It's very childish, but I think it has some charm to it.
Cute, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment