First day back since the break.
I thought I would pluck a moment of significance from a couple of my afternoon classes.
1. My younger elementary class freaked out over the story about the claw machine game. They began a chorus of "give" thrusting to hands, palms up, in the air with their heads down.
2. My older elementary class was going over their vocabulary words and the book was suggesting experimenting with different beats. I used an idea from a Katimavik-Global-Stew-Canada-World-Youth-esque warm up game. You overlap arms with the everyone in the circle, then the beat goes around the circle. It's challenging because the hands are mixed up a bit. Then you introduce that a double tap of the hand reverses the direction. They loved it. It was a terrible game for speaking, but I'm positive they will remember 'beat' now.
3. The highschool class enters a new year by moving a grade up. The students have fused into one class, and this was their sampler. Unforunately only two students made it today. And, to make things more awkward, our subject is debate. We went over the definitions of debate terms. Then I asked if they felt confident with them, they said yes just to move along with the lesson. Then I surprised them with cut outs of the definitions that they had to match with the words. It became really funny. One student yelled out the answer after the other had read it, she just repeated the yelled out answer so I gave her a point. "But, she didn't know it!" "But, you shouldn't have yelled it out!" everyonekept laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment