Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Years Day

I felt like we had a solid start to 2017.

We had a sleep in, probably only getting out of bed at like 11;00am.

Michelle had somethings to get at the grocery store so we kind of made a day of it.

We went to Home Plus to stare at the pets, and buy a couple of things.

Siezing the moment, we took the bike to Jungang station, home of the arcade. First Michelle practiced her shooting skills at the shooting range. She won two prizes tickets, and I got one just as a gift from the guy working there, just shy of a Snorlax plushie. We went into the arcade and I finally, finally, beat Michelle at air hockey. I'm actually the first person to ever beat Michelle at air hockey.

Since the prize tickets are for games played and do not correspond to how well you play, we went back and I gave it a try. After missing the first maybe six shots Michelle and the guy explained a bit more how to do it and I barely missed a shot after that. We left with the Snorlax.

There was a claw machine place across the road that had lots of Pokemon plushies. We've been looking for good machines for awhile, only occassionally testing them to figure out a strategy. We walked around this place, deciding now that it was all about picking good machine. We went upstairs and I was pretty sure I founda good one. I sacrificed at 500 won coin (like 50 cents) and dragged an Umbreon plush up and into the exit hole. A woman pointed and yelped, she stomped around a bit -I think she had been playing that machine just before.

Then we went downstairs and found another good machine. This one had three plateaus the slowly pushed forward, piling up the plushies would push some over the edge. This machine had many hanging right off the edge and drew a small crowd. One lady was playing, but could seem to pick up any Squirtles to fill up the plateau. As soon as she walk away to get more coins, Michelle tried, and four plushies fell out.

We spent about a dollar and left with five prizes.

A face of joy.

I bought some spicy meat on a stick and we biked home. We ordered chicken, and watched a Swedish movie. So far so good, 2017.

2 comments: