I teach gym to the new English learners every Tuesday. Last week I did the maze game with them, and that was a relative success.
This week, I tried them out with a bit of a Simon-Says-Twister Mix. Next I showed them prepositions, 'on' and 'under', by using a pencil and a chair. Then we went over 'close' and 'far' using objects in the room. Then 'find', "find the pencil" I toss it, "find a book" they're in a library. Then "find the dinosaur" -dinosaur?
I walked away from the shelves, "far!". I walked towards them "close!". "On" I reached up and took down a triceratops, "Dinosaur". They really liked the toy dinosaur that I stashed their before.
The kids took turns hiding and fiding the dinosaur while I gave clues.
After every student had a turn we played some tug-o-war -I won against all five of them, but it was close.
We did some of our Knee-knees-hands game.
The reward at the end was sometime in the play room.
Always a great way to end the day.
Coolest teacher ever!! I think you may have succeeded in making school cool!
ReplyDelete