We hauled out all the decorations from storage and began setting them up in the lobby. The prospective parents -who've been visiting as a part of this registration period- seem impressed.
There's several large trees and reindeer in the lobby. We made a brick wall and surrounded the tree with fake presents. No Korean school holiday is complete without some fake presents. As I have mentioned in previous blogs, when celebrating a students birthday: a photo of them is taken at a table garnished with fake gifts. Christmas is similar.
The children will have their photos taken with the fake presents, but of course a real Santa.
I have often wondered what tiny percentage of my time in Korea will be spent preparing and posing for a photo.
That being said, the temperature has come back up in the last few days and I have found it to be pretty warm. I went on the roof last night to try and see the super moon, and I didn't need more than a sweater.
Christmas is coming, but hopefully not Winter. My Australianised body can't handle the cold anymore.
Oh you were looking at the moon!! Me too, Faisal mouse moment...Somewhere out there......
ReplyDelete