We did gym last week, which I believed was a bit messy. They learned animals, colours, and maybe some letters. Tomorrow is supposed to be an art class.
The first proposed art projet was to be making animals from tracing out hands. The kids learned bear, so I tried an example bear. The result is far too creepy to ever be seen by children.
Stay bear aware.
Also, this bear has an Adam's apple because of my weird thumb thing.
Doing the example I noticed soe problems with the project. For kids with barely any pencil control, tracing their hands will be a disaster. On top of that, their hands will be small, meaning hopes of any distinguishing factors, just to help identify what animal it is supposed to be, are gone. I needed a new idea.
Masks. Then they are making something that can segway into a better understanding of the animal. So I printed off templates for the animal masks for tomorrows big event. Here's hoping no one wants an obsure animal!

No comments:
Post a Comment