After the monthly tests, the elementary students get another surprise test to see if their ability matches what class they're placed in.
These tests are usually a bit more difficult since they test them on material not necessarily covered in class. The January test scores for my older elementary class showed that one of my students got perfect, another only one wrong, and after that only five wrong -which is really impressive. I'm wondering if the next level would even be challenging enough for them. The student who got perfect already moved into my class at the beginning of the semester since he'd performed so well on his last test of abilities. If he goes much higher he's gonna be with highschoolers!
That class was eager to take the test. They got straight into it. Usually I mark journals during the test, but I was all done. I didn't have any work to do that I could take with me tot the class room. So in between their rare questions I worked on one of the crosswords I had printed off for students who finished early.
They worked so hard on the writing that none of them finished early. But still this keen bunch asked if they could each take a word search home because they still wanted to do it!
What great students.
No comments:
Post a Comment