We are having trial lessons this month every Thursday to prepare a newest intake of kindergartners for immersion education. The trial lessons run for 40mins every Thursday and give the parents and opportunity to decide if they want to go through with enrolment. Which is a big pressure for me, the teacher. All the parents will come in and watch and help for the lessons.
For the first lesson, we did a gym class. We went to the library and tried to do anything.
Of the nine kids, probably only three didn't cry at all. It was really hard to get them to participate, even with a Korean teacher translating. So some of the games were a bit dull.
I actually thought the whole thing had gone pretty poorly. Children were erupting like volcanoes, maybe 5 English words were spoken the whole time, and the parents looked so unimpressed.
But I was wrong. The parents were actually ecstatic about the lesson, and were really crushed to know I wouldn't be the teacher. They actually came up to me afterwars to express how much they enjoyed the lesson and wished I could be the teacher. Which is a real honor, considering I thought it was a mess!
Next week were doing an art class which should be less hectic. My plan is simple, we're gonna review the animals we talked about this Thursday and just trace our hands and colour them in as an animal. Then we'll have a simple coloring sheet where they'll have to color the one color for one letter and another color for another. The mom's should be there in full force to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment