Saturday, February 11, 2017

Heavy Monday

We having been going over heavy and light with the kindergartners.

It's important to distinguish it from size so I like to use examples like "three coins, or a balloon? Which one is heavier?". Then they start to really get that the concept is weight. If we just kept going with elephants and mice we might never get anywhere.

The end result of the lesson was the the children each got to draw one light thing and one heavy thing. Then I will show the pictures -with the answer covered- and the kids have to guess if it's light or heavy. It's a really easy game, and it doesn't even depend on them being that good artists since a little seesaw in the picture tells you which is heavy and which is light.

I swear though, this one kid, he's trying to make a Yo Mamma joke:


I asked him about it, and it's actually his mom. So.

No comments:

Post a Comment