Today was the first real rainy day I experienced in my time in Korea, which isn't saying much because it's only been a week.
One of the Korean teachers had her last day today and her replacement came for her first day. Imagine their surprise when I got to inform them that one of our youngest students had an accident. Hence the title of today's blog. For one, a final farewell to the dirtiest part of the job, and for the other, a surprise responsibility.
I had a good day. I finally got to try out using the audio equipment for my class that the director had observed and that was kind of fun. It reminded me of encountering a very similar thing in taking French classes where something was played over a stereo and I just didn't care. These students were actually quite clever at picked up the subtle sound difference between 'br' 'fr' and 'gr'.
Perhaps even more impress was my even older class in the afternoon, who breezed through the lesson, completed several round of hangman, even did a couple word scrambles, spelling corrections, and spelt words out loud. All of them were near perfect. The word scrambles weren't easy either, see if you can get them.
T R E N D O
L O D O R
G A E C
G H A T I R T S
Y C L U R
Like for a second language, pretty tough, right?
I had no class to teach for the last hour and a half of work which meant getting lots of things in order at my desk and planning out the schedule for next week. I'm sure I will get quicker at filling in my schedule but for now it takes me about an hour.
Tomorrow I will be going to the immigration office with the director to submit my application for my Alien Resident Card -so I can be an official alien.
No comments:
Post a Comment